Step 2 in the Buying Process – Shopping
What should be kept in mind when shopping for that perfect home? As one of the top agents in the area, having sold in the 100s of Millions in property –
I have found these tips good ones to keep in mind while out there shopping for you home:
- Remember the following three things are THE MOST IMPORTANT things to keep in mind – LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!
- After that – I suggest you make a list of your top three MUST haves and then a list of things you’d like to have.
- It’s important to remember that typically the PERFECT home is not out there. My advice to buyers is always this – buy what you cannot change and don’t lose sight that what you can change is fixable.
- With my background in luxury home remodeling and restoration, I also encourage you to keep in mind that financially you will position yourself better if you are not paying for someone else’s remodel job. In my experience, if you are up for a little work on a home, the payoff, in the end, is always better AND you get to put your own stamp on your home.
- If you are NOT up for doing any work, I always encourage my buyers to make sure that the major systems of the home are in good working condition – typically the things you DON’T see are the ones that can end up costing a lot of money!