Real Estate Tips for Sellers – Improving Curb Appeal
What are some simple tips to improve curb appeal? As one of the top agents in the area, having sold in the 100s of Millions in property – I always repeat the saying – You never get a second chance to make a first impression – that is the same with your home. CURB APPEAL is extremely important because buyers will make a judgment on your home before walking into it based on what they initially see!
These are some EASY tips to spruce up the curb appeal:
- Make sure the front door is clean and in good condition and the doorbell works
- Remove cobwebs!
- Are the house numbers easy to see and read?
- Clean out the gutters and downspouts
- Rake/blow and leaves and make sure driveway and sidewalks are swept
- Weed your flowerbeds
- Make sure the lawn is freshly cut and edges trimmed, and shrubs and hedges are trimmed and trees pruned
- Clear out the “pet signs”!
- Put away all toys and bikes
- Fill planters with fresh seasonal flowers for a pop of color
- Organize and clean your outdoor furniture
- Make sure your fences are in good condition and decks are freshly stained
- Check all exterior lights and landscape lighting work
- Store your garbage in an air-tight container and out of sight.
- Make sure the garage door opens smoothly
- Remove any unnecessary STUFF
These simple tips can make sure your home’s first impression is warm and inviting and will captivate a buyer’s interest!