Real Estate Tips for Sellers – Ensuring Your Home is Show Ready
What are some quick things that you can do to the interior of your home to ensure it is show ready? As one of the top agents in the area, having sold in the 100s of Millions in property, I have found these tips to be good ones to keep handy when getting ready to list your home and show it!
- Make sure the front door closet is organized
- Everything needs to be thoroughly vacuumed and dusted
- Dust light fixtures and remove cobwebs
- Make sure windows are sparkly clean
- Clear all the mirrors
- Curtains need to be aired or laundered
- Dust your blinds
- Floors need to be cleaned, washed and polished
- Remove any excess furniture
- Store your valuables and fragile items
- Clean your chimney and have logs neatly stacked
- Organize and edit bookshelves
- Make sure toilets are clean and the lids closed
- Sinks need to be spotless and fix and dripping faucets
- Organize your cabinets (people WILL open them!)
- Empty trash containers
- Remove and store all personal items (family photos, medications, razors, etc.)
- Tub, showers and shower curtains need to be clean!
- One thing I always suggest that might make this list a bit more manageable is to have a deep-cleaning crew come through and do indoor and outdoor cleaning and windows right before going to market, and then all you have to do is the maintaining of it! It is well worth it and I am happy to give you some referrals!
If you have any questions on this topic or anything else real estate related, or if you want any additional information, please don’t hesitate to call, text or email me at 310.738.8098 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!